Monday, February 6, 2012

Wedding Planning Sucks

Planning a wedding while trying to follow everyone's wishes is so hard. I am currently planning with my awesome groom, my mother, his mother, my father and my sister.

His mom is awesome and keeps us on track. The only thing is she has been a maid of honor for a bunch of fancy, expensive weddings. I must remind her that my wedding is that of two poor teenagers, hosted by my upper-middle class parents. They can't afford the $40,000 we seem to be planning when her and I get together.

My sister is adorable. She is a five foot, red head. Her size 0 body is tiny next to my size 4. Needless to say, she is beautiful. That has caused a few rifts in this wedding planning. I didn't want her to wear a strapless dress. How is it fair that she gets to have D-cups while I barely fill a C? I didn't want those babies popping out! In the end my mom told me I could have no bridesmaids if I didn't stop trying to make my sister look ugly.... BUSTED! :)

My mom is amazing. She is by far one of my best friends. Growing up we fought a lot. Now that I have been on my own a year things couldn't be better! She will hold my hand while I cry, but she also has the guts to tell me when I'm being a bitch. The only problem here is that my mom hasn't planned a wedding since hers, 24 years ago!

My dad has been the best wedding planner of all. How could I have expected anything less? He is the same guy who through me a crazy fear factor party in elementary school! He has spoiled me so much! When I'm hysterical about how much something costs (yes, I'm a cheapo) he explains that you only have one wedding, over and over. Love that man!

My other man, Mack is my best best friend. He makes me feel like a princess every day and would do anything for me. I am so blessed to have found the man of my dreams at such a young age. Even my closest family was 100% okay with my wedding from the start because everyone can see we are perfect. I use to have severe anxiety. I have not had one panic attack since I have lived with him!

So now you know a little about my family! Stay tuned as the wedding unravels!

No comments:

Post a Comment